Below is the Organisational Structure of the national Department of Agriculture and Livestock.
The Department of Agriculture and Livestock (DAL) is the lead government agency responsible for the management of the agriculture sector in Papua New Guinea. Its mandate is to provide policy advice and technical and administrative support for optimal performance of the sector. These include;
- contributing strategic leadership and direction to the sector,
- coordinating and monitoring national agricultural development programs,
- providing advice that leads to an environment that facilitates investment and supports new initiatives,
- facilitating and supporting effective partnerships between stakeholders, and
- enhancing systems and delivery mechanisms for capacity building (extension, training, information)