Policy Partnership in Food Security – SOM1 (February – March 2018)
The first Senior Officials Meeting (SOM1) and related meetings on Policy Partnership in Food Security (PPFS) took place in Port Moresby during 24th February to 9th March 2018.
The Theme was: “Unlocking agriculture and fisheries powers for economic growth and prosperity for all peoples”.
SOM1 focused on (1) enhancing food security and sustainable agriculture through use of ICT in response to climate change, (2) promoting women in agriculture and fisheries, and (3) sustaining fisheries management and development.
- Multi Year Action Plan (MYAP) on Food Security and Climate Change
- Strategic Framework on Rural-Urban Development to strengthen Food Security and Quality Growth
- Women in Agriculture and Fisheries
- Initiating Policy Dialogue on APEC Women in Agriculture and Fisheries: Assessment of Opportunities, Challenges and constraints for women participation in sustainable agriculture and fisheries for food security and revenue generation (PNG)
- Information sharing from other Economies on Women in Agriculture and Fisheries
- Enhancing Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture through the use of ICT in response to Climate Change
- The potential of E-Agriculture for promotion of climate smart agriculture in enhancing food security, sustainable agriculture, increase income and poverty reduction in APEC economies (Concept Paper presented by FAO)
- Information sharing on the use of E-Agriculture to promote climate resilience agriculture from other APEC Economies
Agriculture Nius, DAL’s bi-monthly newsletter, gave an exclusive coverage of this historic event – check here: Special DAL Newsletter Issue on APEC 2018 SOM1