The Finance Branch is responsible for managing the funding allocation appropriated to it by the Government through its yearly budget process. The Government Accounting System operates on a cash basis meaning that revenue or payments are receipted at the time of receipt or recorded at the time of payment.
The branches objectives are to:
- Ensure that all financial activities of the Department are in compliance with the Financial Management Act of 1995;
- Prepare and assist in the submission of the Department’s;
- Analyse, review and forecast department expenditure and revenues;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports for the Department and the Treasury Department;
- Prepare and submission of funding requests through Secretary’s Advances;
- Collect and raise revenue receipts; and
- Maintain asset and Loss register for the Department.